Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bridge Crane Construction - Part 4

I completed the construction portion of the crane last night. The last thing I needed to do was to build the operators cab and the clam shell bucket. I substituted the string that was included in the kit with .00015 piano wire from K&S. It cleans up the overall appearance of the bucket assembly not to mention it won’t get twisted up.

As you can tell by the photos I changed the appearance of my unloading shut. Mine is a little lower with side detail that may not be quit right, but since I could not find any good pictures of this area of the cane I kind a winged it. The overall appearance looks good to me. If anyone can provide a close-up picture of how they really look, I would probably change it if it didn’t require a great deal of work.





No comments:

Post a Comment