Friday, December 11, 2009

Bridge Crane Construction - Part 3

Well figuring out how the catwalks and stairways will flow around the leg of the crane is certainly a challenge. I ended up changing it a couple times before deciding on what you see. The deciding factor was the positioning of the mechanical housing structure. Once that was placed I began cutting and fitting the platforms and the stairways per the photo’s. I added additional bracing after I finished gluing on the railings. All I need to do to finish this portion of the project is to add lamps and electrical boxes on top of the drive system on this leg. I’ll follow some of the examples I’ve found from photos and Dean’s crane project. Also add a dump shut to load self propelled Larry’s on the highline.





No comments:

Post a Comment