Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bridge Crane Construction - Part 1

Last night I started building the Walthers bridge crane kit that I purchased sometime ago. I was able to get the whole top portion completed in one long night. The kit allows you 3 options for the overall length; 1) short extension, 2) long extension, 3) or using both. I went with just the long extension; it still makes a pretty large crane, not to mention I don’t have enough room. I’m planning for this to go on one of my new modules.

Also began constructing the drive units at the bottom. Believe it or not they are taking longer to build than the upper portion. Overall the instructions have been pretty good to this point. I do plan to super detail the crane as Dean Freytag did went he built his. Let’s face it, when he added the extra’s it made the finished product look pretty awesome. If you didn't see it follow the Peach Creek Hobbies link, then click on Steel Mill Project, then click on photo galleries, then click new photos, at this point you'll see his article. My version will be different, but I hope the results are as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment