Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hulett Unloader - Part 5

I forgot to mention it before but the stabilizer arm offers the same alignment challenges as the walking beam assembly (upper portion). Once the cross members are glued in, use something to hold the pieces in the proper alignment. Step #57 explains how to mount the walking beam to the trolley. If you recall a couple of posts ago I only glued the one wall section in place because I wanted to add weight to the inside. Rather than taking a chance at breaking off one of the tops to a side panel I opt to glue it all at once. This worked for me. Just watch where you put glue. All of the kit provided details went on rather nicely. I made a lot of work for myself by trying to add the extra railings on after I had completed each main piece. It would have been a much smoother process if I did this while build each piece. The rigging went pretty well just make sure you read the whole process before starting. You’ll notice that in the pictures I've added a fair amount of extra details parts to this point. The rest of the detail parts will be added after the “beast” is painted. Our local hobby shop is not what you would call "user friendly". They seem to have a problem keeping staple items in stock. I’ve been over there 3 times in the past couple of weeks looking for paint. This weekend I’m taking a road trip to my favorite shop about an hour away. I know they’ll have the paint I need. The down side to the trip isn’t how far away it is, it’s try to get out of there without spending a small fortune. They have just about everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment