Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hulett Unloader - Part 1

OK,...I folded up like a lounge chair, I just had to start the kit. I'll get back to the charging crane later. One thing I failed to mention in past postings, I use liquid cement (MEK) for just about everything. Just make sure you have good ventilation. You start the kit by building the unloading “larry” and ore hopper. Both assemblies went together fairly quick. The bogey assemblies were much different however. You’ll spend a fair amount of time putting these together, not because their difficult, because the wheels take a fair amount of time cleaning up the contact points from the sprue. Make sure that when you glue the wheel assemblies together you check the alignment. Next you glue the bogeys to the towers. I spent a little extra time cleaning up the pieces and dry fitting them together before gluing. I figured these are going to be important for the overall alignment of the gantry. The only extra trimming that had to be done was on the top plates part numbers 138 and 139. On the back side where they are to meet the vertical uprights you need to smooth them out to get a good flush mount. To this point I have a couple of nights into the project so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment