Sunday, June 10, 2012

Steel Mill Module 3 Redesign - Part 2










Well summer time yard work has been cutting into the modeling time. No suprise! I cut and placed a new luan roadbed piece to re-route the mainlines back to 8 and 10" inches. I used my template to get this dimension. Once I glued and stapled the piece in place, I aligned the template to the front edge of the module. I cut a couple of pieces of circuit board that the rail will be soldered to (it will replace the rail ties at the frontier. I drilled holes and counter bored the the circuit board, then I used "Walthers Goo" to hold the board in place and screwed down. Once everything dry's I'll solder the rail to the circuit board. I will have to used my Dremel to scribe a line between the rails and between the two (2) mainline tracks to isolate the current. Once the rail has been soldered down, I can make the final alignments to my template in order to drill the in-plate alignment holes.

Now that the frontier is pretty much lined up I can start to figure out how to arrange the track. The 21" branch-line ended up being further back than I would have liked. The two (2) sidings that I planned on storing scrap gondola's is going to be getting shorter. I had to pull up more track on the 8 and 10" inch mains to allow for a gentle curve, this resulted in cutting the feeder wires to the rail. If you'll notice I cut them leaving about two (2) inches of wire on the rail. This will make it easier to re-connect the wire.

1 comment:

  1. I always appreciate people who share creativity with us!thanks for the post keep posting more...

    ReplyDelete