Sunday, December 18, 2011

P&LE U28B Project - 3

Well the locomotive has been completed. I spray painted the whole locomotive with "Testers" dulcote. Next I spray painted areas that would be most prevalent for paint to become faded using "Floquil" Weathered Black, and in other areas I painted small locations to simulate aged rusting using "Floquil" Roof Brown. The spring's in the trucks I detail painted using "Floquil" Red Oxide, this was to simulate fresh rust from the loco setting for a long period of time in the elements. I finished the model by dry brushing using "Floquil" Foundation. On the roof I used black chalk to simulate fresh soot. Over-all I would say the model turned out pretty well. I captured the look of a well used locomotive close to its retirement.



No comments:

Post a Comment