Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hulett Unloader Part - 9







I was able to get the rest of the hulett painted in basic Floquil "Grimmy Black". As with the lower portion of the hulett I used the 50/50 mixture of Floquil Rail-brown and Oxide-red to start the first application of weathering. If you notice in the pictures that at this point both half's of the hulett look pretty much the same over-all.

I will begin detail painting the top portion tonight to get the model to the same point as the bottom section. This will include painting the wheel treads silver to match the top of the rails. Also will need to apply my oily wash to match the bottom. My buddy Mark Gugliotta showed me the Polly S "Oily Black" that he commented on when we were at one of our favorite hobby shops last week. He swears it looks just like oil stains once it dries. He's got a good eye for that sorter thing, will see.

Just a quick note; when I completed building the model (not painted) the pieces went together a little tight. Obviously it got even tighter once it was painted (the parts don't slide very well once painted). I ended up popping one of my glue joints apart at the end of the lower housing at the very rear cross section. This was to allow the model to flex in order to line up the trolley, guide and upper crane. Just I thought I should mention the issue.

With a little luck I will hope to post again tomorrow with a new update.

1 comment:

  1. Most realistic paint job on a hullet that I have seen ever. Excellent work Randy. Now how many more did you say you were building?

    ReplyDelete